Animal research technician (ref. 170124)
Currently we are looking for an animal research technician to join our young and dynamic international team working on challenging research projects in shrimp aquaculture.
Working alongside other scientific staff you will support our research activities through daily shrimp care, monitoring, recording and reporting on various shrimp health parameters.
- Feeding the shrimp and monitoring of various shrimp health parameters
- Preparation of shrimp feed
- Reporting through collection and entry of data into the electronic database
- Daily maintenance and support of shrimp breeding facilities
- Carrying out shrimp breeding procedures
- Carrying out various experimental trial procedures, including preparation and clearing up of experimental facilities
- Contributing to optimisation of existing standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Weekend rotation (1-2 weekends per month)
- Bachelor Degree animal care, biology or related study fields
- Very good conversational English (company language)
- Valid work permit for Belgium
- Experience in animal care
- Be flexible, proactive and motivated
- Be solution oriented, practical
- Have eye for detail, precision and discipline
- Be resilient and have strong sence of responsibility
Nice to have
- Experience in aquaculture
- Additional languages
- Good physical condition
- Observational and analytical skills
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- Expand your knowledge on shrimp health
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
- Being part of an international team of aquaculture experts at a dynamic company
- Participating in exiting aquaculture research projects
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Several activities are often organized all over the year, such as team building events, anniversary celebration and others
A full-time position
Attractive salary package (13th month salary, 20 days of annual leave, 2 paid doctors appointments during working hours)
Intensive hands on trainings on work related subjects.
Monthly internal workshops on Shrimp health.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee and